NEW DATE 11/16 October 2020
URGENT INFORMATION “COVID-19”
Many members of the GiroSardegna ask for information in relation to Ordinance no. 43 of 11 September 2020 of the Region of Sardinia which regulates entry starting today 14 September.
The President of the Regional Council, to clarify, says in an explanatory note of 13 September that people headed to Sardinia are invited to present at the time of boarding and alternatively:
- a) the result of a test for covid-19 – serological (IgGandIgM) or molecular (RNA) or rapid Antigenic – performed no later than 48 hours after departure, which gave a negative result (NDR .- … is the so-called “Quick test” and NOT the swab!);
- b) the receipt of completion, as part of the online registration procedures pursuant to art. 1 of the Ordinance, with the appropriate self-certification … proving that they have undergone, in the 48 hours prior to entering the region, a serological, molecular or antigenic test, the result of which was negative.
If passengers have not been able to carry out the test before boarding and arrive in the region without the aforementioned certifications, the Ordinance provides that they can comply within the following 48 hours, in various ways.
Therefore, to enter Sardinia it is NOT mandatory to have taken the “swab” but only a Quick Test (which must be presented upon boarding by ship or plane) or you must register online on the region’s website with a self-certification.
However, it should be noted that:
1) It would seem that the Italian Government wants to challenge the decree for unconstitutionality and other things
2) In any case, all obligations end on 7 October and therefore will NOT be in force on 9 and 10 October when you arrive in Sardinia for the cycling event.
Here are the "heroes" who resisted the Covid-19 cyclone and who will be at the start of the GiroSardegna.
With the reopening of the transfers between the Italian regions which will soon be followed by the
reopening of the borders of the State, there are those certainties that allow us to reopen the registrations
to that GiroSardegna which, initially scheduled as traditionally in April, was moved to October due to
We were pleased to note that around 90% of the members confirmed their participation for the new date
and only a small part of the members (some foreigner cyclists who had no certainties relating to air flights)
decided to postpone their participation in April 2021.
The structure of the event to be held in October is absolutely unchanged (stages, mileage, hotels, etc.) and
the event will be completely “normal” just as the entire cycling universe will most likely become “normal”
Starting today we reopen registrations for the GiroSardegna because many have asked us to: new
registrations can be made until 30 August 2021 and under the same previous conditions … but now there
are two important “news”:
1) Italian citizens already registered for April and those who register by August, for the October edition, will
be able to benefit from the “Holiday Bonus” up to a maximum of € 500.00 that the Government has set to
promote holidays in Italy (read the appropriate space to see its rules, amounts and possibilities)
2) … in any case, by the month of August, old and new members can also decide to move their participation
in Apile 2021 (always in Alghero) without penalties and without any motivation
And these are also further and wonderful opportunities that GiroSardegna offers cyclists and their families
to start off again: take advantage of it!
The GiroSardegna is the first stage cycling race in Sardinia, suitable for everyone.
It is for everyone, because you can choose whether to sign up for competitive routes or tourist routes.
Whatever your choice, you will cycle through breathtaking landscapes...
This year the GiroSardegna will be in Alghero > Sardinia > Italy > Europe
Hi, I'm Tonino Scarpitti and I've been the organizer of the GiroSardegna for 24 years. Those who know me for many years, some participate in the GiroSardegna since the first edition, knows how much attention and passion I dedicate to organizing the event, and that is why the 2020 edition will be truly special. On the site you will find all the details of the individual stages, of the selected hotels and all the prices. I just have to wish you a good surfing on this site and ... ... see you in Sardinia for the 24th GiroSardegna.
The GiroSardegna did not fix the competition venue in Alghero, for many years now, even if, cyclistically, it is the most complete for an event like ours.
There is plain, climbs of a certain commitment, excellent roads with little traffic but, above all, there are splendid coastal roads (the road to Bosa is of a unique beauty, forty kilometers of up and down without a crossing!) And then … there is Alghero, a “real” city, which has become an important tourist destination thanks to its history, traditions, its beaches and its sea!
In designing the 2020 GiroSardegna I took into account the experiences made in 2019 and therefore, returning to the north of the island, no more car transfers: ALL departures will be close to the hotels!
From the cycling point of view the two races (MedioGiro and GranGiro) are slightly shorter and, on the whole, easier even if the first stage and the last two, although short, are definitely challenging.
From the point of view of hotel accommodation, 2020 will be a reference for the years to come: we have deliberately chosen the BEST HOTELS in Alghero and the surrounding area so that everyone can personalize their stay by choosing between alternatives of various costs.
Furthermore, stimulated by what happened in 2019 in many Italian Granfondi and by the new regulations issued, Alghero 2020 will be the GiroSardegna of the “Security & Safety & More” and therefore:
- race routes in the first and second stage CLOSED TO TRAFFIC
- to reduce risks, we will avoid the stage arrivals preceded by dangerous descents
- we will reinforce the safety by enhancing the presence of personnel at the intersections and we will have a number of motorcycles in the technical escort well above the limits imposed by the law
- and we will increase the number of ambulances following the guarantee we will install an “operations center” which will follow, step by step
- the situation of the race highlighting the presence of assistance cars along the routes
- … we will enhance the presence of the Television with a daily report and a special final of at least 30 minutes (broadcast by satellite!) but it is at I study another engaging initiative that you will soon meet
- … departures, arrivals and more “scenographic” awards with some memorable gems Of course
The event will repeat its now consolidated scheme composed of the two competition routes (GranGiro and MedioGiro), all divided into the following stages:
1st Stage Alghero/Bosa/Alghero
2nd StageIndividual time trial
3rd StagePorto Conte /Stintino/Capo Caccia
4th StageTeam time trial
6th StageAlghero/Villanova Monteleone
And, given the consents we have had over the last few years, we have:
- confirmed the team ranking
- confirmed the two-grid starting lineup (first part the MedioGiro and then the GranGiro part)
- still enhanced quality and quantity of prize draws
They obviously could not miss the beautiful ones non-competitive tour routes: in the vicinity of Alghero there are routes for all tastes, from the sea to the mountains and even in the most inland areas of the island and also for the randonneurs of the “1,000 km of Sardinia“: return to the classic three patents (200, 300 and 400 km) to see the north-west of the island without the stress of ranking.
The “Center” of the cycling week is fixed in the two hotels of Porto Conte but there is also the possibility of offering “something more” by staying in a 5-star city (near which we will make three departures and the final awards of the event).
It will be a GiroSardegna not to be missed for which we are preparing for great!
Tonino Scarpitti President of the Mare e Monti
Here's what makes the GiroSardegna unique
* choosing the 5 stars will NOT include full board, but the Half Board.
What they say about us?
The GiroSardegna has existed for over 20 years.
In all these years we have managed to get into the hearts of cyclists by offering them an exciting cycling holiday.
Who has not missed even one edition, who participates for some years and who for the first time.
Each of them is similarly thrilled …
La meravigliosa strada costiera di Villasimius
La Costa Sud di Nora, Pula, Chia e Teulada
La costiera di Portoscuso, Nebida e Buggerru
Non contenti dei posti scelti per le gare,
abbiamo deciso di raddoppiare anche le GranFondo
The Giro 2020 will have only one true protagonist…
... the Sardinian Sea !!
Non vuoi perdere tempo? Conosci già il GiroSardegna e vuoi iscriverti Subito?
Bene! Allora puoi andare direttamente alla pagina dell’iscrizione, cliccando sul pulsante qui sotto,
altrimenti continua a leggere e scopri tutti i dettagli …
These were the numbers of the GiroSardegna 2019
We gave you a surprise.Don't let it slip away.
Have you decided to stay in one of the selected hotels? You can do this with a discount of 50.00 euros
BUT YOU MUST BE FAST AS IN FLYING. Why? Because the offer is valid ONLY if you sign up by 31 December 2019... ... and then, because the rooms end quickly ...
P.S .: the discount is calculated automatically by the online registration system, you will NOT have to enter any discount code
to the EXPIRY OF THE MANCAN OFFER:
at the start of the 2020 GiroSardegna: